 Organizations / United States / LRGOAA / 18
Re: Science Central
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 01:32:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, Jona Jeffords wrote:
it turns out I found myself under the gun from the get go and I had to leave
earlier than planned as well

Did you get your stuff working?  I didn't get a chance to see much of what went
on.  I was too busy, myself.  Did you have two sumo bots?

(I didn't even get to look at your Connect-Four
robot). Although this frustrated me, I still had a good time and am glad I went.

I hope to keep it working for a while.  It's really cutting into my collection
(including using 2 RCXs) but I'd like to take it to Brickfest, which means
keeping it until August.  We'll see.

Steve

I did have 2 sumo bots; 1 for each class. Little D was physically the same as it
was for our Sumo-bot 5 event (its program was new). Widget was completely new.
Both robots were having problems detecting the line multiple times (i.e. they
would see it the first time, but not after that). Luckily for me Gabe had his
test ring right there in the pit room so I didn't have to go back and forth
between the pit room and the event room during my tweaking. I had just
downloaded and tested my fix to Little D when Heather came and told me I was up.
So...I did get both programs working, and my robots performed basically as
expected. It is always nice to go head-to-head with other designs, it opens your
eyes up to your flaws immediately.

Jona