Subject:
LafLRC @ IndyLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:34:08 GMT

Ok, we need to work out the detail of the GBC layout for the train show.  Here's
what we're working towards:

http://www.laflrc.org/OctGTX4.JPG

The outside loop goes to the rest of the layout.  We can move the inside loop as
needed.  The train can be moved to make it one baseplate wider.

This is no where near as flexable as our normal GBC, so we need to get everything
laid out in advance.

I think John was working on a 2 baseplate module.  Kerby is planning on a 3
baseplate "bridge".  Greg is working on a ball-counter with a big display, so people
can see how many balls have gone through the contraption.

I'm pretty sure I can fill in the gaps.

Kerby, another idea, instead of building a straight bridge, would be to build
something that crosses over the train track, and crosses back.  John and I have
tossed around a couple ideas, but haven't really settled on anything.  You could
easily take up a square of four baseplates, with the train going through the middle.
I think it would need to be about 12 bricks high to clear the train.

Anyone else want to contribute?

Steve