Re: Rock Crawling at BrickWorld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:08:31 GMT

At 12:36 AM 1/10/07, Jordan Bradford wrote:
So . . . I've been lurking in your club's newsgroup lately and am wondering if
this rock crawling challenge will be at BrickWorld for sure. Are there other
robotics events planned?

We've been talking about this.  Rock Crawling offers a couple
interesting challenges.  The first is to build a Rock Crawling truck,
and the second is drive it.

The problem is that most of us will be doing a great deal of
playing/testing before we go to Brickworld.  So it may not be "fair"
to have a competition, because we'll have trucks that have been
tested "on-course" and by then we'll all be expert drivers.  Or,
maybe not.  We don't know.

However, in any case, I'm pretty sure we will have a course, and
trucks.  I want to make it possible for people to come up and try
their hand at driving.  If someone brings their own truck, that's great also.

If you have any suggestions about how to do this, you're more than
welcome to speak up.

Steve