Re: Indy 5.00 rule clarification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 19:12:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

I think the internet was to keep people from using a wedge-shapped bumper to
push people out of the way.

The Internet?

So, while bump-drafting is allowed, if you use the
angled part of your bumper to push someone out of the way, that could easily be
considered "Rough Driving" by the race officials, who could impose a 1 lap
penalty.

I'll keep that in mind.  That really isn't my intention, but you know, rubbing
is racing!

Other things to note:
This is NOT an impound race.  That means you are allowed to make changes after
qualifying.

Good, I'm guessing I'll be making use of this.  How much "changing" before it
becomes a whole new robot?  "But I used the same RCX... doesn't that mean it is
the same robot that qualified last time?"

Qualifying is this Sunday.  There will be open pratice, mixed with qualifying.

The race is May 21st.  Qualifying will be allowed on that day.

In the Indianapolis 500, cars qualifying on later days start after cars
qualifying on the first day, reguardless of time.  They also make cars "go to
the back" if they change drivers.

D'oh!  I knew I had forgotten something... Now where are my minifigs?

John "Kevin Harvick" Brost (1)

--(1) or Kurt "I never do anything wrong" Busch