Subject:
Indy 5.00 rule clarification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 17:31:39 GMT

I think this has been permitted in the past, but I can't remember if we decided
if it shouldn't be encouraged or not...

The Indy 5.00 rules state that "The bumpers must be perpendicular to the robot's
direction of motion, not 'angled'."  Does this mean that no portion of the
bumpers can be angled?  For instance I have two double-bend liftarms with their
long ends connected to each other to make a very wide U-shape for my front
bumper.  Is this okay?  The main portion is perpendicular to the robot's
direction, but the edged do angle back.  I have done this in the past and I
believe it was deemed okay, but I want to make sure.

For Steve (and any other NASCAR fans lurking out there)-- as it is mounted, the
above front bumper is a "soft bumper" I'm going to have to be careful how much
bump drafting I do! :)

Like I said via e-mail to some of you, I think we need a "best of show" award ;)
Doesn't style count for something?

Sneak peek http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JBrost/IndyRacer/back.jpg

Big wings on the back make them go faster right????

John