Re: 3T Practice Session
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:06:41 GMT

Glad you could make it.  It was nice to see another working robot, and if I
wasn't so stuck on using my giant arm, I would probably try to build a gantry
system like the rest of you since it seems to work better (or at least faster).
Its always nice to see other ideas.

Probably the only reason yours mounts from the side vs ours is the requirement
for more space on the far side of the board when yours is playing.  The rest of
us had it set so we wouldn't neet the extra space. ;)

I'll see if I can remember to upload the few pictures I took to my brickshelf
folder tonight.  I'll try to strip out the unecessary audio out of the video I
took and post that as well.

As for mine, after yesterday I'm much happier than I was after the last practice
session.  My code works, and so does the robot.  It is just down to small
improvements, error handling, and speeding up the robot.  I didn't notice any
great improvements in positional accuracy vs when I had it geared faster, so
first step is re-gearing the robot.  Then it is back to improving the code.

It was nice to see that Steve had overcome his robot's issues with gravity,  but
I was dismayed that it came at a reduction in his robot's ability to fend off a
viking invasion. :)

John