Subject:
3T Practice Session
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:59:51 GMT

Just wanted to let everyone know how much fun I had at the practice session
yesterday.

I had some good learning this weekend.  I already tore down the robot and
removed the RCX from the moving structure last night.  This seemed to up the
speed a little more.  Of course, I need to tweak a timing or two since the robot
now stops faster than it did before (when it was heavier).

The good news is that in making this change, I used 7 long wires and recovered a
bunch of my short wires...so I can now build other robots  :)

The other thing that happened when I moved the RCX off the moving structure is
that I cleared out the reloading area a little bit...so, even though it wasn't
hard to load before, it is now easy to load my robot...not as easy as Steve's
and John's (just drop them in the top), but close enough.

As Steve and I discussed after the meeting, it adds a little to the competition
to see everyone else's performance before hand and then have a chance to react
with design modifications prior to the final competition.

I also learned that (as usual) I had a unique perspective.  My robot approaches
the board from what everyone else called "the side".  So, my robot mounts 90
degrees from the competitor while everyone else mounts on opposite ends of the
board.

Keep working on the software everyone...it is all fun!!

Bryan