Subject:
pumpkin chuckin' LEGO style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 01:49:04 GMT

Ok, I just finished watching a show about siege machines on The History Channel.
At the end they talked about the annual Pumpkin Chuckin' contest held in
Delaware where regular joes build machines to compete to see who can
throw/launch a pumpkin the furthest.  I've always thought this sounds like fun,
but I don't have the required $$, materials, skills, and shop space.  But what
about a LEGO Pumpkin Chuckin' contest?  We'd obviously have to use something
smaller than pumpkins (golfballs?, eggs?, tennis balls?).  We'd also have to
probably put a max limit on weight (to limit the size of counterweights for
large trebuchets).  Probably limit the # of motors as well.  I'm thinking large
outdoor venue for the contest.  Two possible awards-- furthest throw and most
accurate throw.  What does everybody think?  Has anybody ever done this before?
I think it sounds like fun.  Sometimes you just have to throw something, might
as well do it with LEGO :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled talk about 3T, and GBCs

John