Subject:
3T and Hi-Technic Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:01:02 GMT

It’s really too bad that the use of non-Lego sensors and the like is frowned upon for 3T. I think I could get a little more speed out of my robot if I used John Barnes’ new motor drives and at least one RC Buggy motor to get the robot to the board. John’s distance sensor could also have been very useful.

So far, all I have done with the motor drives is to run a heavy duty line following robot. It definitely won the prize for heaviest in class at Chibots in November. It weighed in at 3.5 pounds and still ran 4th fasted overall (behind Steve’s 2 entries and my other entry). For me, it was the one that was most fun to watch with its 2 battery boxes, 2 RCX’x and 6 light sensors :)

The motor drives from John are EXCELLENT. I haven’t found anything that I would really want to modify on them. I just need more high power applications to use them in :)