Re: recommendations on new programming language for RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 03:18:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, John Brost wrote:

I've been trying to program a T3 robot for a week or so
now.

   Waaay ahead of me. I'm still trying to clean up enough LEGO so I have parts
to build another GBCm (I really want a good tosser, but I fear I'll need to
resort to buggy motors).

If you're interested, the thing that put me over the edge
is that I can't seem to find any way to do multiple condition
IF statements (If X = 5 AND Y = 3 then...)  Mindscript doesn't
seem to allow for this and I AM NOT going to nest all the
necessary if statements to make it work.

   I don't know enough about Mindscript to help I fear. I can think of several
solutions, but not knowing the limitations... does "Z=(X=5)" assign a value of 1
to Z is the comparision "X=5" is true? Something like that could be an out.

I'd like a language that is simple... stick to the LEGO firmware...
well documented with help and examples... easy to install and use.
I'm familiar with VB and C...

   I'd have to agree with Kevin - NQC is the next logical step. The only
limitation you're going to hit there is variable space, but that's based on the
standard firmware.

I'm at my wit's end-- which isn't very far.

   Take the next step, John - we'll help. There are GUI interfaces for NQC as
well, if you don't like the classic command line interface (I don't - I might as
well take advantage of the modern bloated OS's out there).

--
Brian Davis