Subject:
recommendations on new programming language for RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 02:22:12 GMT

Attention programmers (Steve, Brian, Bryan, I'm looking in your direction)---

I'm in need of a recommendation for my next programming language to try.  First
a little background.  I've been trying to program a T3 robot for a week or so
now.  I knew that Robolab (my usual programming language) wasn't going to work
for T3, so I got the Mindstorms SDK and have been using Mindscript.  Now I'm
running into some extremely inconvenient "features" in Mindscript and need
something else.

Steve knows my feeling on programming, I'm not a fan.  It's not that I can't do
it, but I'd rather be doing alot of other things.  So I'd like a language that
is simple.  I'd like to stick to the LEGO firmware, and want a language that is
well documented with help and examples and easy to install and use.  I'm
familiar with VB and C, but wouldn't consider myself a good programmer in
either.

Any suggestions?  Does NQC fit this bill?

If you're interested, the thing that put me over the edge is that I can't seem
to find any way to do multiple condition IF statements (If X = 5 AND Y = 3
then...)  Mindscript doesn't seem to allow for this and I AM NOT going to nest
all the necessary if statements to make it work.

I'm at my wit's end-- which isn't very far.

John