Subject:
Line Following & Chibots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:51:35 GMT

Well, I may not be competetive yet for first place. But, I am pretty happy that I am running a robot around a 5 meter track with lots of S-curves. And, the robot is doing laps at 55 cm/sec pretty consistently.

Unfortunately, this robot has hit its design limits. Without changing the assembly significantly, I can’t gear it up any faster and I am running the motors at full power.

So, I have begun work on a line follower that is somewhat similar to good ole’ Ben Hur...but, a little different in that it is driven by two RC buggy motors. The steering on this is differnt than my other robot that has rack & pinion steering. So, it is back to the drawing board for programming it. But, it definitely has the ability to go fast. Just for fun I ran it with the first shot at code going full speed. I thought it was pretty cool to have it lay rubber :)

Oh - and it is interesting to have sucha heavy line follower...I have the two battery boxes mounted on a trailer behind the robot.

Well - back to programming.