Re: bylaws
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:23:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian B. Alano wrote:
snip

LOGISTICS.
Calendar.
The club year starts on February 1st. It was moved from January 1st to avoid
transitioning officers during the holidays and the January GATS.
Meeting dates and place.
We meet on the second Sunday of each month, starting about 2:00 P.M at Steve's barn unless otherwise arranged.
Communications.
The newsgroup lugnet.org.us.indylug (or http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/indylug/) is our official communications medium.

MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY.
Webmaster.
We will have a webmaster in charge of maintaining www.indylug.org. The webmaster maintains a list of member names, snail-mail addresses, phone numbers, and private e-mail addresses.
Secretary.
The secretary maintains a resource inventory of certain critical parts in
members' personal inventories that are available for club events. Examples of
critical parts: train track, baseplates, RCXs.
Event Coordinator.
We will have an event coordinator for each event. Such a person's duties would include liason with the event sponsor, overseeing the creating of the layouts, and managing the logistics of getting the layout transported to the event, set up, manned, taken down, and transported back.

LAYOUT ZONING LAWS.
Tables.
Layout tables should conform to a standard width and length, which is 128 x 256 studs or 4 x 8 32x32 baseplates). Half-size tables of 4 x 4 baseplates are also acceptable.
Train Cars.
The maximum size for a train car on the layout is 8 studs wide and 32 studs from the center of rotation of the first bogey to the center of the last bogey. A standard test car of these dimensions provides the final standard. If the test car won't run cleanly on the layout, the layout must be changed until it does.  If a MOC car exceeds the dimensions of the test car OR it won't run cleanly on a "clean" layout, the MOC must be changed before it can run on the layout.

Your general and specific comments are welcome.

These are very good and i believe we have discussed all of these and we need to
make final decisions at the next meeting.  We can proably come up with more of
these is we think about it.

mark