Re: is it a relay or is it yet another motorized switch?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:06:56 GMT

Hi Brian,
The plans are perfect.  I'm going to make 5 for you to motorize some of the
switches on your DCC loop.
I know I have a few more motors but I just can't seem to get my hands on
them with a more extensive search.  Are you going to be at any of the build
sessions prior to the October meeting?
Brian D

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian B. Alano" <throwaway@insightbb.com>
To: <lugnet.org.us.indylug@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: is it a relay or is it yet another motorized switch?

A couple corrections.
1. Just noticed I have a 2 x 4 plate on top of a 1 x 4 brick. You should • probably
replace these two pieces with a 2 x 4 brick or similar. The extra plate of • height
is unnecessary (though it doesn't hurt anything).
2. In a 5 x 7 package, you can't conceal the side of motor that faces away • from
the track. You'll have to go 6 x 7 to accomplish this. The plates at the • base
assume you are going for at least a 6 x 7 housing.