Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 03:14:20 GMT

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think I like the red one better. I think it's
the minimalist in me. But black seems to be a more traditional color.

Now, who wants to trade me 10 black 2 x 2 radar dishes? I only have 2, so I had
to swap them between the two gates for the pictures!

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Crossings get gates at various points in history, based on local grousing, the
railroad's capital budget, the actual traffic observed at the crossing, federal
or state highway funding etc etc so there's certainly lots of prototype for
having differently colored and organized mechanisms at different crossings.

I think the reason I want them on our railroad is because it will be fun to
control them with LDCC!