Subject:
J3a slowing under DCC power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:10:39 GMT

Hey everyone!

I posted a message for the train people lastnight about how my J3a had slowed in
the corners so badly while running with the DCC.  So far the one reply was in
concerns of my gray wheel sets on the rear of the engine.  I had heard that
these gray sets had some problems and seeing how these were purchased on
Bricklink, I have no idea of what set they came out of.  I was told that the
problems usually start after extended running...the engine had not had problems
in the past running on my small oval that only had four traights and it easily
pulled the five cars I had, so I am not sure if this was the problem or not.
Anyway, someone might want to try switching the wheels with some black ones,
then testing it out to see if that helped.

If you take the engine to the show this weekend, watch about bumping the front
of the engine and the front wheels.  I will hopefully be able to at least stop
by on Sunday...please bring out the uncoupler track and compressor...I forgot to
pich it up when I left Sunday night.

THANKS!!!

John