Re: August Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:46:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian B. Alano wrote:
Is it controlled by a motor? If so, we should be able to control
it using the Lego Remote through LDCC. I think Steve M. still has his decoupler
built, so we could use his at one point and the other design elsewhere.

-Brian

Well, it looks like I may make it to the meeting after all, however as in the
past it will not be until around 6pm.  And if no one minds, I may be brining my
girlfriend (who encouraged my involvement in this after GATS back at the start
of the year).

I will bring the model of the uncoupler with me...it is pneumatic, so it will be
ran off of a Lego air compressor.  The compressor runs off of 9V.  I have the
compressor and 2 reserve air tanks.  As I recall, it requires the track to be
elevated by 2 bricks and one plate.  The compressor will be able to power
multiple uncoupling points.

Hope to see everyone on Sunday!

John