Re: Train Zoning (was Re: Layout Ideas)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:10:20 GMT

I am working on a maximum clearance for the largest 8 wide possible. My two
union pacific and the indylug engines are all 42 studs long and roughly 9
studs wide. i am working on the corners only because the straight away
should be fairly easy to calculate (minus any inclines). as for the upper
level train running on an elevated loop, i think there should be designated
trains for this loop only. more than one though, so they can be switched
out, but a lighter train that is less likey to fall off and is not too long
would probably be preferable. a mamximum height for the train is really a
consensus and not a test of any car (though i believe mark caboose is the
tallest car) and estimate that a clearance of 14 bricks tall should well
suffice. i also uploaded some picks of the new roundhouse and a new moc i
created based on shaun sullivans designs.

i will have this finished (waiting for yet more green bricks) by the next
meeting and will bring to leave at steve's house.

jeramy