Subject:
Fantastic GATS Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:24:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Fantastic Layout Everyone!  It was wonderful to meet all of you yesterday.
I'm so excited about getting involved with the group and picking your brains
on how you built some of those trains and buildings.

Steve, a very impressive track plan and the bridges were breathtaking!
Jeremy's 8-wide Union Pacific Engines, caboose and rolling stock blew me
away, along with the roundhouse.  I loved the small touches of humor all
throughout the layout like the headless houseman and the StarWars minifigs
lined up at the theatre.  Nice buildings in the town area like the church,
McDonalds, Skyscraper and city park.   Well I could go on all night, it was
almost too much to take in in just one afternoon.  I was on brain overload
by the time I left.  So much to learn.

Just standing around the layout I heard so many visitors say they were
absolutely amazed, both young and old!   At one point I knelt down to study
the yellow bridge and two exhibitors from another layout were behind me
discussing how impressed they were with all the detail and that the "trains
just never derail".  The most common thing I heard from spectators was "do
you think the whole thing is made of LEGOs"?  "It sure looks like it to me,
I never new LEGO made trains like that!"  The next thing out of their mouths
would be a collective WOW!

Again kudos to everyone,
See ya all at the February meeting,
Brian Darrow