Re: IndyLUG Train Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:59:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Eric Smith writes:

This wouldn't replace our other logo, it would just be an additional one.

Thoughts?

Maybe this could be for IndyLTC a train club.
and keep the old one for the LUG

Having gone through this LUG vs. LTC back in Wamalug, I'd suggest that we
keep everything under the IndyLUG name. There's nothing wrong with having
more than one logo...railroads did it all the time.

I apologize for butting in here (hey, Eric, I didn't realize you were an
Indylugger!), but I just wanted to throw in my 2 1x1s worth.

Here is the idea behind using fallen flags (such as the MONON) as logos.  It is
a sign of commraderie among train clubs (especially those among the ILTCO,
which I would hope you all will consider joining).  And it is a wink of sorts
to model railroaders; a pun if you will, in the same vein as punning on the
word "brick" as many others have done (Brickenrocker, San Brickcisco, etc).

As Steve and Eric mentioned, it wouldn't replace your LUG logo, but just be
utilized for train shows and for train-related IndyLUG web graphics.

I think it is a fun idea and I hope you all decide to get in on it:-)

JOHN