Re: IndyLUG Train Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:43:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Mark Peterson writes:
In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Steve Martin writes:
I was emailing with John Neal from GMLTC about getting the other LTC logos
for the container yard, and he offered to help us make a train version of
our logo.  I suggested using the Monon logo since it was an Indiana railroad.

If you’re not familiar with the Monon Railroad, here is what some of the
versions look like:
http://www.trainweb.org/monon/documents/logos/

I’m thinking something based on the top one?  Maybe replace the word MONON
with IndyLUG and the phrase “The Hoosier Line” with “The Hoosier Club”.
Another thought is to replace the 'M' in the circle with something Lego-ish
– maybe a brick or something.  I also worry about the 'M' in the circle
might be trademarked.

This wouldn't replace our other logo, it would just be an additional one.

Thoughts?

Maybe this could be for IndyLTC a train club.
and keep the old one for the LUG

mark

There is no IndyLTC and I am somewhat disinclined to split ourselves.  I
kind of like the way NELUG does it.  They don't have a seperate LTC.

Steve