Subject:
Sep. meeting - Back to the Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:47:32 GMT

Jeramy posted a while ago about an idea he calls Back to the Brick.  The idea is
to enrich and bring variety to the overall LEGO experience of us IndyLUG members
so that we don't become burnt out on shows and show planning.

I have an idea for a Back to the Brick activity for the September meeting.  I
call it LEGO Archaeology.  All you need to participate is any old item related
to LEGO in some way.  It could be an old set, a catalog, an idea book, a single
piece...anything.  How old is "old"?  It's up to you to decide.  It could be
something from before you were born, or it could be something fairly recent.

There are 2 ways that you can participate.  You can bring your LEGO Archaeology
item with a full knowledge of it, and then tell us about what you know.  You can
also bring something that you don't know what it is or don't have much
information and ask the rest of us for clues and answers.  So LEGO Archaeology
can be either a Show-&-Tell or a Show-&-Learn.  I'm hoping that this activity
will help us all to have a more well rounded knowledge and appreciation of LEGO.

Not everyone has to bring something.  I do ask, however, that anyone who does
bring an item for LEGO Archaeology just brings ONE thing.  If people like LEGO
Archaeology, we can always do it again at another meeting, and I'd hate for
people to run out of things to bring because they brought all their old stuff to
the first one.

---

Was there a parts trade at the August meeting?  I've got some spare parts from
things I got at Brickfest, and I'm interested in trading if anyone else has some
spare parts too.

David Gregory