 Organizations / United States / HRMUG / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
August Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.hrmug
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:23:40 GMT

Dear Mindstormers,

This is the monthly meeting reminder!

This month's Mindstorms meeting is this coming Saturday (August 17) at the
Pretlow Library in Norfolk (at the intersection of Granby and Ocean View
Blvds.) from 2 PM to 4 PM.  Here's the agenda for the meeting:

1.  Daniel and Brandon are going to show us their progress on thier paper
airplane launchers.
2.  I've got one complete robotic arm and another in a semi-completed state.
Neither are programmed, but I hope to at least have one set up so we can
control it ourselves, just to exhibit how insanely difficult it is to
accurately position one.
3.  If I can, I'll bring Leslie's notebook computer and we can look at some
pictures of Brickfest, which was a lot of fun!  At the very least, I'm sure
Brandon and I will have some tales to tell.
4.  It was suggested to me at Brickfest that we put on a demonstration at
ODU to try and get some of the engineering and computer science students
interested in our group.  As such, we should talk about building and
perfecting some cool display robots.  Perhaps our October meeting could be
held on campus at ODU and we can show off some of our work.  Let's talk more
about this on Saturday.

BONUS!  We are finally on LUGNET!!!

IN OTHER NEWS!  There is another Lego group in town, called HRLUG.  I never
got a chance to meet this fabled and elusive 2 person group from our area
while at Brickfest but I hear they are mainly into trains.  I also spoke
with RICHLUG while at Brickfest, and they are interested in getting the
three groups together once or twice a year for a larger Lego fest.  The
RICHLUG guys are mainly MOCers, meaning they just build large and strange
things with Legos, and train fans.  One of them makes movies using Legos,
which is actually very interesting especially considering it takes many,
many hours to make just a few minutes worth of footage.  Anyhow, we'll need
to locate the new mystery LUG and decide if we want to join forces and how
often.

Please tell your friends about our meeting!  See you Saturday,

Rich