 Organizations / United States / GFLUG / 12
Re: Joining requirements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 02:09:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gflug, Pearson Castner writes:
    Hello! I live in Jacksonville, FL. I was wondering What restrictions
you guys have on your group? Im only 14, and therefore not eligible for
99.9% Of the LUG's in America, because of the few underage and immature
teens who ruined it for people like Shiri Dori and I. (No, I wont flame you
for telling me to take a walk, I just had to have my opinion shown.) I'm a
space freak, and can get transport to areas around jacksonville- such as
St.Augustine, and other areas of that proximity. Thanks for your time!

Pearson Caster

Well we don't have the ground work set for GFLUG as of yet, it a spin off of
the GFLTC (Greater Florida LEGO Train Club). But we do have a 8 yr old
member in the GFLTC with restrictions. The only big thing is that most
members are in the Tampa Bay Area, But we would like to have member all over
the state. At least two or three in the large cities so they can meet as
local groups. Then all the local groups could meet at larger events. And we
all would always be a group on-line.

So I would say, you can join as a on-line member and as we get more member
in your area there will be meeting, events, etc. But for now just hang in...
I'll keep you up to date.

Build on...
Robin Werner
GFLTC/GFLUG