 Organizations / United States / BLOC / 50
49  |  51
Subject:
Display at Marcon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:31:31 GMT

Okay, here's the scoop on Marcon. I spoke with the head
programming/space allocation honcho (at our meeting this past weekend)
about the possibility of getting a room to do a display at Marcon, and
the answer is a definite "maybe". The key issue is how secureable we
need the room to be, which will mainly depend on whether we need to
leave stuff there unattended. Which would in part depend on whether we
want to do a static display or an interactive display or a BrikWars demo
or whatever. (A BrikWars demo might go over *really* well.)

So if we want to put together any kind of display of our talents at
Marcon, now is the time to decide. That is, within the next couple
months. The longer we wait, the more likely it becomes that the space we
need will be earmarked for something else.

(For those who came in late, Marcon is a large general science
fiction/fantasy/comics/anime/gaming/etcetera convention held at the
Hyatt Regency/Greater Columbus Convention Center downtown over Memorial
Day weekend. Having seen how well MichLUG's display at Contraption went
over with this kind of crowd, I think this would be an excellent place
for us (that is, BLOC) to do something. In fact, if some of us were
willing to contribute brick and time to do something with Children's
Programming, they would probably kiss our feet.)

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com