 Organizations / United States / BayLUG / 374 (-20)
  I'll find out in a couple of weeks!

Hey all, I e-mailed Melissa about being profiled for the "Ultimate Collectors" show and she called me! We set up a phone interview which, I think, went very well. She's now writing a pitch for her bosses and if they like it, they'll fly a camera (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  The Dark Side comes to Fremont

Hey all, Just wanted to let you all know that Dad and Grandma did what Dads and Grandmas do best and I will be bringing my ISD to the next meet. Man, it's cool, and it's so BIG!! Dave (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  PCC (was Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

(...) OK, how was this done? (URL) then (URL) yellow window HAD to be mutilated (among many other required mutilations (1) )but it's done very very cleverly. That's the best LEGO PCC I've ever seen, but there is no way to make one that good from (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

My pics are posted at Tom's Legomania, (URL) only about 80 pics, though. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Pictures of BayLTC at GATS in Pleasanton CA, Nov 30/Dec 1 2002

Pictures of our award winning (first place) layout at GATS are now available on my website, and after moderation, on Brickshelf: (URL) William R Ward bill@wards.net (URL) Consistency is not really a human trait. --Maude (from the film "Harold & (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

Bravo, BayLTC! It's always great to hear that another club has received a first-place award at a train show. :-) JohnG, GMLTC (fut trains.org, just to reduce clutter!) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Success at Pleasanton GATS

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, has just finished a very successful display at the Great American Train Show in Pleasanton, CA. The club layout came away winning First Place in the train layout contest. Pictures should be coming (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pirates Festival at Mission San Juan Capistrano

Cross posting the attached announcement. Ray (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  BayLTC confirmed for GATS!

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, is pleased to announce that today we received confirmation that the status for our layout to be displayed at the Great American Train Show has been upgraded from "Hold" to "Confirm". Show Details: (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New MOC: Nicholas Benjamin Hanson

(...) Congradulations Paul and Ms. Hanson! I hope Nick has a long life full of happiness and Legos! Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: New MOC: Nicholas Benjamin Hanson

(...) Congratulations! You'll have to bring your new MOC to our next BayLUG meeting! --Bill. (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  New MOC: Nicholas Benjamin Hanson

Well, OK not technically a MOC - I had a little help from my wife :-) Nevertheless, I'm pleased to announce the birth of my first child. Nicholas was born 9/19. 8 lbs, 4 oz. 21". Both baby and mother are doing great. And yes, he already owns his (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

Or start your own up there! I'd bet there are lots of lurkers and interested kids/AFOLs in the area from Auburn to Elk Grove to Davis... The problem is contacting and organizing them... I'd suggest sending out a notice on lugnet, and posting notices (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

Probably the closest LUG/LTC you are going to find is BayLUG and BayLTC, which are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The only two other California clubs are down south in Los Angeles and San Diego. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  BricksWest™ 2003 : Call for Liason

Greetings, If you'll follow this link to lugnet.events.brickswest: (URL) find that I've made a public showing in the first stages of planning the 2003 event. I'm now requesting that a point-of-contact person for your organization be chosen or (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.trains.org.scltc) !

  Re: Definitions: LUG or LTC

(...) BayLUG was formed as a general interest group because at the time there wasn't enough train-heads to form a train specific club. BayLTC was formed with the purpose of displaying at the NMRA National Train Show in San Jose in 2000. GOALS: (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLTC's first GATS show - pictures now avaialble

I have posted pictures from our first GATS show: (URL) questions, feedback welcome! --Bill. XFUT: lugnet.trains (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  next BayLUG meeting: 9/15

The next BayLUG meeting will be Sunday, September 15, 2002, at the Fukaya Room, Fremont Main Library. The members only hours are from 1pm-2pm, and we will open to the public from 2pm-4pm. The building contest for this meeting is a Custom Minifig (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  REMINDER: BayLTC at GATS this weekend

The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) will be presenting our train layout at the Great America Train Show, August 10-11, 2002, at the Cow Palace, Daly City, CA. Here is some general admission information: Show Hours: 11am to 5pm, both Saturday and (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org)

  FOTM: Railway express for $50

I was browsing TRU today, and stumbled across a taped-up, beat-up, obviously-returned-b...-customer, 4561 Railway Express for $49.90. It'll be at the BayLUG meeting tomorrow for parting-out... --Bill. (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact