 Organizations / United States / BayLUG / 113
Re: Travel to Bay Area - confirmed 12/4 to 12/15
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:07:42 GMT

ffilz@mindspring.com (Frank Filz) wrote in <3A22EDBC.500F@mindspring.com>:

I'd also appreciate pointers on LEGO
shopping, especially pointers to Shell stations which have the promo
sets.

I assume you'll be staying near IBM Almaden?  If so,  your route from the
airport will take you right past one:  just exit 17 at Hamilton Ave,  and
the ramp ends at an intersection with the station on the corner.  You can
zip in,  load up,  and get back on the freeway with literally only about 50
feet of surface street travel.

If I can manage to get some of the 2001 sets, I may
just dump all the parts into a box for play material.

The TRU on the south side of San Jose hadn't gone them as of the weekend,
but the one near Tom had nearly all of them this evening.  My guess is that
all the TRUs,  but not most other retailers,  will get them before you
leave (probably even before you arrive).

Bargain-hunting around here is pretty grim,  for the most part:  none of
those K-Marts with Classic Space sets hiding in their back rooms that
suddenly appear at 50% off original MSRP (heck,  most of the department
stores in Slicon Valley hadn't even been built then).  There are a few KBs
with the some recently-discontinued sets,  but the prices tend not to be
very exciting (except at the outlet store in Gilroy.  Which was all but
cleaned out last time I visited).

Ran