 Organizations / United States / 629
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 00:00:46 GMT

Shiri-

Sorry I cannot help you much, as I do not have much of a voice in this
discussion.

However, take a look at our website under membership:

http://www.pnltc.org/Membership.html

...we have a similar clause - It's nothing against those who are under 18,
it's just a standard precaution used in many arenas for legal purposes.

Sometimes we will invite a guest under the age of 18 to our shows (usually not
the meetings, or get-togethers), with the condition that a parent, or guardian
be present and supervising.

Let me tell you I DO understand your position (I've been in it myself) but
sometimes organizations have to make difficult and tedious decisions to
protect the interests of the organization and its members.

Have you been able to talk with NELUG delicately about it?  Maybe they will
make some kind of exception - who knows.

The underlying issue is the unfortunately Rules are Rules, and again
unfortunately sometimes they can burn bridges...that's part of the ligitory
world we live in.

Good luck in your endeavors.

-jeremy

http://www.pnltc.org/Membership.html

In lugnet.org.us, Shiri Dori writes:
Hey all,

I'm posting here to explain my opinion(s) about the age limitation in NELUG.
I've talked to many people about my stand on this, especially during and after
the WAMALUG Brickfest. Many people there expressed their agreement with what I
said, and some people encouraged me to post about it - so here I am.