 Organizations / United States / 493
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 06:18:28 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Frank Filz writes:
What's ironic is that Shiri did get together with a bunch of people in the
Boston area (most of whom I assume are NELUGers). As I recall from watching
the planning of the meeting at TCS and retirement to a nearby eatery is that
Shiri was one of the instigators of the meeting (as well as Tim Courtney who
was not yet 18). That meeting suggests that at least some of the NELUGers feel
comfortable meeting with youth, at least in a public place (and for those
worried about liability issues, I doubt the liability issues in the case of
this meeting were that much less than they would be for a NELUG meeting at a
public place, especially for Todd whose server was used to plan the meeting,
and who was present at the meeting).

Actually, I was 18 at the time.  I turned 18 the end of February this year.

-Tim