 Organizations / United States / 488
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 06:00:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.us, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Matthew Miller writes:
Peter White <aztekium@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
By the way, I have no aim in becoming a member or voting, it was a joke.

You like taking things out of context. That particular line was a joke,
NOT the whole argument.
I work nights, so I'm staying up too !
Don't twist things around and try and make it appear that your supporting
her or her request, you are defending your groups decision.

I think Matther is giving consideration to Shiri's request. He has stated that
he is willing to bring the issue up again in a future meeting. Let's not allow
our frustration with the situation cause us to start throwing bricks (and I
will admit that my frustration is coloring my responses - but this type of
issue is very near and dear to me [look at my member page, this issue goes to
the core of my personal beliefs], however, I also respect the right of an
organization to determine its own membership, I can only debate with them the
reasons for their rules, and complain about a poorly chosen name).

Frank