 Organizations / GLUG / 10
Re: Gaming at GenCon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.glug
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 06:59:06 GMT

James Seibert wrote:
Frank let me know the number of what class and ships you need for the game.
My current inventory includes
1- SES
2 BSB
3 RBR
3 ImpFlagship
2 RR
3 CBC
1 CC
3 ArmadaFlagship

I purchased several hull and mast pieces to build custom ships.

I have bases galore. Its an obsession of mine you see.

We will mostly need ships in the class 2-4 range. There is also one
factor that suggests most stock ships need some work. In order to get
the right number of canon, more gun ports are necessary on the sides.
The gun layouts I use are:

Class 1 (Cutter): 1 rotater
Class 2 (custom brig or 12-wide bow+stern): 1 rotator, 1 gun port
Class 3 (12-wide bow+center+stern or 16-wide bow+stern): 1 rotator, 2
gun ports
Class 4 (12-wide bow+2 center+stern or 16-wide bow+center+stern): 1
rotator, 3 gun ports
Class 5 (12-wide bow+3 center+stern): 1 rotator, 4 gun ports
Class 6 (16-wide bow+2 center+stern): 2 rotator, 4 gun ports
Class 7 (16-wide bow+3 center+stern): 2 rotator, 5 gun ports
Class 8 (16-wide bow+4 center+stern): 2 rotator, 6 gun ports

16-wide ships may carry canon for each side for the gun ports but each
pair is treated as a single canon.

The stock ships generally need some work to be useable:

Class 1 6277 ITP Cutter: I usually mount a rotator on the poop deck
Class 2 6268 Renegade Runner: This needs a better defined gun port, plus
a rotator
Class 2 6250 Cross Bone Clipper: This needs a better defined gun port,
plus a rotator
Class 3 6271 Imperial Flag Ship: This needs a rotator added
Class 3 6280 Armada Flag Ship: This needs two gun ports plus a rotator
Class 4 6274 Carribean Clipper: This needs a 3rd gun port, plus a poop
or bow mounted rotator
Class 6 6289 Red Beard Runner: This needs some serious work to get 2
more useable gun ports, 2 rotators can be fitted on the bow
Class 7 6285 Black Seas Barracuda: This needs some serious work to get 3
more useable gun ports, 2 rotators can be fitted on the bow
Class 7 6286 Skulls Eye Schooner: This needs one more gun port and 2
rotators

Perhaps if each of us can work on a few larger ships, we will have
plenty. I've got some useable class 2 ships already.

Frank