 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 899
Re: Let's add a little the club's lego stash ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 06:01:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
I was thinking that maybe we could all check our pockets, pool our
change, and place a bid on this lot.  After all, the club's wee stash
could use a little beefing up ... ;-)

  It sounds good, but I can't help thinking that there are warts on
that frog. :-(

  - how much of that 2000 lbs is the weight of the containers?
      (he doesn't expressly say "weight doesn't include...")
  - I'm guessing that tub of 2x4 bricks isn't sorted by color (yet).
  - there are a lot of kits marked as missing parts
      (you can buld club cars today, except for the striped 1x2x2 & doors)
      (if you are missing those parts, it's not really a club car...)

  On the other hand, I remember a couple other consortiums that
tried to form to buy large lots...all but one failed to get organized
as a group, and it wound up that individuals ended up getting
those lots.

  So, maybe the club pitches in, and does win the lot. You could all
pick through it for what you want, spendsome time to sort the rest,
and then put up smaller lots, or individual kits back on eBay to help
defray the cost?

  Oh, right...I'm from California. Our group hasn't discussed a group
buy in a while. I really came to your LUGNET group to point you to
some pictures of the Canadian trains that I have modeled. I'm
hoping to get them on display at SuperTrain 2001.  :-)

        -Z-       http:www.baylug.org/zonker/canadian/