 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 750
Re: Sign, Flyers, & T-Shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:55:42 GMT

Looks EXCELLENT! I like the shadow brick in the background!

So do I!

Membership open to *anyone*. Didn't we have a lower age limit of 15?

When I create a flyer, my philosophy usually comes out as "Less is
more".  You'll note (Alex) that I omitted much of what you had in your
original flyer.  The information I left out can easily be found out by
a glance at the web site, or a letter.  What I find most people really
want is basically just a business card.  They just want a means of
reminding themselves to find out more, but don't want a lot of details
at the time.  It's just been my experience.  Just the facts, maam.

Anyway, I say that just to say that the only reference to our age
limit that I included was in the first line ("Mature builders and
collectors").  Most people will pick up on that.  For the rest, I
didn't want to bash anyone over the head with an age limit.  They'll
find out soon enough when they contact us, or when they visit the web
page and see that we're all adults.  Not to mention the fact that
there are no kids manning (or womanning ...) our display.  I'd rather
have their interest first, and then inform them.  For example, we
never would have made contact with that woman that now may start a
local club for kids.

Inside my little sponsorship box I suggest it should say "VLC layout" or
:"VLC participation" sponsored by blah blah, since I'm not actually
sponsoring the show itself

Go big or go home, I always say ...  ;-)

I changed it to "Our Layout Sponsored By:".  Most people are not quite
as familiar with the acronym as we are!

No apostrophe in Lions Gate Models

Noted.

URL for the GoB is www.bricksmithS.com (bricksmith.com exists and is a guy
called Brick Smith!)

You're kidding me (as he loads the page to check for sure ...).  Nope,
you're not kidding!

I've uploaded another copy of the flyer, same name.

Robin