 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 63
Re: VLC Bulk Ordering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:16:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Dean Husby writes:
Well, Brad has sent a message...

I did notice one odd thing... HE stated that a min of 1000 of one
element would be needed then in the next paragraph he said 50 or 100
depending on the element size... Very odd.

However, we as a  group should discuss bulk buys as a collective to keep
costs down and give all of us a sane amount of some part.

Ideas?

Dean

True; I noticed that too.  Maybe the numbers mean that the minimum order on
1x1's will be X, and the minimum order on 2x4's will be Y, with X being more
than Y.  I'm thinking they'll do this for cost reasons; pay a larger sum for a
large lot of bricks than, say, 3 cents per brick.  I'd also like to see
percent discounts depending on the amount of bricks you buy.  That way, bricks
are cheaper if you buy 1000 of them than if you buy 100 of them.  I'm not one
with deep pockets; mine are as shallow as they get, but I still say that the
more you buy, the bigger break you should get.  There, I've spoken my peace.
-Chris