 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 311
Re: Lots of Sales on this week!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:02:54 GMT

Let's hear what you all picked up!

I just couldn't resist ...

I took advantage of the Toys 'R Us 20% off sale, and the Maniac mag
$20 off coupon and bought a 7191, UCS X-Wing Fighter.

Wow.

I haven't started building it yet, but I'm already blown away.  What a
beautiful model.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that all the
decorated pieces ... aren't (they all use decals!  Bonus!).  I was
also pleased to see that the "sign" that sits below the model, on the
display stand, is constructed!!  It's made of a couple of flat pieces
covered in tiles!

I remember hearing a rumour that when Lego and Lucas were negotiating
their deal, Lucas told Lego (in his own words) that he simply would
not allow the level of "juniorization" that was present in much of
Lego's current product line.  This set, and most of the Star Wars
sets, certainly reinforce this.

Can't wait to build it.

Robin