 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 28
Re: Two more Castle freaks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 05:29:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
Well, it looks like the Castle maniacs are beginning to take over the
new VLC!  Now that Avenger and Bryan have been added, maybe a Castle
theme meeting is in order?  Well, I can't wait for the next meeting.
I'm hoping to be able to bring some really cool stuff that most of you
have probably never seen before ... ah ah ah ... no peeking before the
31st :-).

Hehe I saw all your "subliminal" hints at making the next theme "castle."
Want me to bring my castle?  It's on 9 32x32 baseplates arranged in a 3x3
square, plus 2 more that make the "gate."

Bryan, I remember very clearly the late 70's, and the exploits of
maverick aeronautical engineer, Paul MacCready.  In fact, I think
everyone knew about him.  His name, and shots of both aircraft were
often in the news.  Quite an accomplishment.  Thanks for the little
trip down memory lane!  Have you read anything about the flying
pteradactyl model he built a few years ago?  Also extremely
interesting.

Oh yeah I forgot about that report I wrote.  I was wondering what the heck you
were talking about.  :)  Yes MacCready had quite a few amazing
accomplishments!  Too bad I was born in the late 70s so I didn't hear much
about him until later...

Bryan