 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1408
1407  |  1409
Subject:
Macleans blurb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:06:15 GMT

I picked up the latest issue of Macleans and there we are!  Find the
August 20th issue (ZAP! on the cover).  We're mentioned in the
"Overtures" section on page 11.  Once again, our press release is
misconstrued, however, and proves that the cameraman/reporter dude
that visited never even spoke to the person who actually wrote up the
copy.  Unbelievable!  We're going to have to be VERY careful about the
wording of any future press releases.

Here's the copy:

"LEGO Madness:

Block by colourful little plastic block, the Vancouver LEGO Club
reproduced a five-by-four-metre scene of Harry Potter's Hogwarts
Express train station using thousands of pieces, including 36 m of
LEGO train track.  Alexandria Carstens examines the display at the Toy
Train Operating Society's annual convention in Richmond, BC, which
includes a freight yard, sky train, streetcar trolley, drive-in movie
theatre and a downtown complete with an open-air market and hotel."

At least this time around, I'm not on the hook for a 4 x 5 metre
Hogwarts Express TRAIN.  Paul's gonna have to get busy to beef up his
station, however ...  ;-)

There is one picture, with Alex (our spokesmodel) out in front
examining the "northeast" corner of Kevin's downtown core, and Bryan
and David in the background.  Oh ya, Dean's elbow is also shown (way
to go, Dean!) ...

Robin