 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1359
Re: Future of the club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 07:50:49 GMT

I'm sorry that you got stuck with this, by default, but you should be
taking names and numbers.  If we do initiate some of the ideas that we
tossed around at the show (workshops, etc.), those callers would be
prime candidates.

Robin

I've been watching the VLC for a couple of months now, with somewhat of
yearning to join. However being 19 and being recently accepted into BCIT
(Civil Engineering, which might explain my passion for Lego) I was reluctant
to commit myself to join because I thought I could not commit myself to
meetings and such.  Though I live in Richmond I was unable to drop by on
Sunday, but I shadowed the VLC newsgroup leading up to it.  I also remember
in the spring you guys did a display with an airport and were clamoring to
find planes.  Being a former Air Cadet, I also have an interest in Lego
planes, and have a small but varied collection.  Lastly I've also followed
your discussions about the logistics IE carting around the tables in vans,
etc., and was interested because I do own a pick-up truck.  While I am
interested in joining the club I'll have to see what my workload is like in
Sept.

-Tim Tosino