 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1197
Re: Help -- wardrobe truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:21:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Dean Husby writes:
This is Alex using Dean's account (don't ask).

Okay, folks, it's time for me to publicly admit that I just can't do the
truck.  I have tried several times and nothing comes together.  I only
wanted a wardrobe/make up truck (just the trailer part, not the cab) to
put on or near the movie set lot.  But I can't make one.  My catering
truck is passable.

Anyway, if someone else wants to make one, that'd be great.  Otherwise,
there won't be one, which is no big deal.

Thanks,

Xan

First, you should not try to combine wardrobe and makeup into 1 truck. It's
never done that way.

Secone, don't try to fit too many stations into one trailer. A standard 20 foot
trailer would contain only 4 stations plus storage space.

Stagger the stations along the trailer, with closet space at the front and
back. Sort of:
  --------------
I   1    3     I
I              I
I      2    4  I

where 'I' is the door(s) to storage space(s).

Sinks would be good.

Source: visiting my wife on movie sets (She does makeup and wigs for theater &
movies)

x-posted to minifigs because why else would you need makeup??

Paul Sinasohn
LUGNET #115
Stage Manager and Theater Techie