 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1196
Re: Oh oh, Huston, we have a problem...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:06:05 GMT

Bryan Wong wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Dean Husby writes:
Oh dear... I'm building the test for the program building of the
hogwarts area and realized that my modified switch is in fact the wrong
direction! Ugg... After the horror of the first switch I don't really
want to do the other one...

Anyone willing to modify a LEFT switch?

Um, what exactly does "modify" mean in this context?  Not just as simple as
removing the yellow switch thingy I'm guessing...

No, the switches are WAY to stiff. You have to open up the switch and shave off
most of the bumps that cause the friction...  There's lots of delicate stuff in
there. I made the mistake of using one of my switches that was flaky to begin
with and it was a mess. The power still doesn't flow though that switch right.

It was such an ordeal that I do not want to do it again... But I guess if I
have too... groan...

I'll use my best switch this time I guess...

Dean