 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1112
Re: A thought about baseplate substitutes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:58:38 GMT

It occurs to me that if we don't have enough green bp's this time, we could
paint the doors. I know we don't want to paint the ready-made tables (of
either kind) but my doors can certainly be painted, dunno about anyone
else's. It's second best, but might be useful as a Plan B.

I agree with Dean.  I would really like to try hard to avoid having
any non-Lego surfaces.  There's nothing saying that we can't use
raised baseplates in certain locations; a dump or landfill near the
industrial area, the belville pool and driveway could be a park or
garden, you get the idea.  Lots of possibilities.  We'll put a river
or lake into places that it's appropriate (Hogwart's, wilderness
area).  Of course, underneath some of the buildings we don't actually
need a baseplate, and we can always use regular plates for portions if
we need.

It would probably be a good idea for everyone to bring a rough
inventory of their baseplates.  Of all types, 48 x 48, 32 x 32, 32 x
16, 16 x 16, raised (various types), with colors, etc.

Robin