 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 111
Re: Meeting this Friday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:07:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dave Hylands writes:
You should cancel the message. Your newsreader probably has a function
to do this somewhere.

I would cancel the message, except that I don't use a newsreader. I use
email.  Actually, from work, I can't use a newsreader, since our firewall
doesn't let this sort of traffic occur.

Someone please clue me in on exactly what has happened here and what needs
to be done to fix them problem?  From what I gather from the sidelines here,
someone (Dave) accidentally posted private information which someone else
(Alexandria) insists be removed.  I deduce from the ensuing discussions that

   http://www.lugnet.com/org/ca/vlc/?n=100

is the problematic one.  Is that correct?  I also see that the message's
author would that the message be cancelled, but is currently unable for
technical reasons to cancel it himself.  I am about to cancel message #100
in the lugnet.org.ca.vlc, on request of the person who (I gather) claims it
contains private information which should not have been given out by the
person who posted the message.  It doesn't take a court order to get private
information removed, but I need that people are 100% clear on what I am being
tasked to do.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll continue to assume that everyone is in agreement
that message #100 of lugnet.org.ca.vlc should be cancelled.  I am about to
cancel it now.

OK, I have cancelled without judgment message #100 of lugnet.org.ca.vlc,
based on requests to cancel it.  If this was the wrong message, I need
someone to let me know so that I can restore it.

Note:  Although the message is cancelled on the server, be aware that
downloaded copies of it may still exist in users' newsreaders, inboxes, etc.
In the event that someone should happen to reply to it and propagate the
offending content as quoted material, you'll need to let me know; I don't
monitor the groups in infinite detail.

--Todd