 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1086
1085  |  1087
Subject:
Trouble seeing the studs in Track Designer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:31:48 GMT

Hi,

I've finally discovered a way to see the studs clearly in Track Designer.
I'm using Windows 98, so I cannot guarantee this to work for other systems!
Also, I'm not sure if it's necessary to switch between the resolutions.

First I loaded up the layout in Track Designer.  Then I set my screen
resolution at 640x480.  Scroll to the part of the layout that you're
interested in, then perform a screen capture by pressing CTRL and Print-Scrn
at the same time.

Then set your resolution back to normal (1152x864 for me), and paste what
you copied into Microsoft Paint (ctrl-v or use the edit menu).  Finally
under the view menu, change the ZOOM to LARGE SIZE.  Now the studs are
clearly defined!

In fact, I've done the above to the whole layout.  When I look at the new
file I've created in MS Paint under Large size, the studs are all clear.  If
anyone wants this file, let me know!  Or I could put it on the server
perhaps?  The file is about 300k.

Hope that helps,

Bryan