 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9619
Unusual sets: 8376/4400 in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:00:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The 8376 RC Racer Radio Shack Exclusive is in Canadian Radio Shacks for $119.00.
It looks like it has many of the key RC components of the 8375 for about 33%
cheaper.

The 4589 Nitro Flash (The IR racer) is $38 at Walmart.    The
receiver/motor/steering mechanism is one piece and is about the size of an RCX
or so.  The IR receiver is rubberized and bendable.

Last week, Derek, John and I were at a Walmart where we found an unusual tub
called 4400.  It's a red version of the 3033/4107 tub, except the inside
contents are VERY unusual.  There are 400 listed pieces on the outside.  They're
your average 4105/4107 selection, except it includes a few orange pieces.
There's also a hint of "300 bonus pieces!" as well.  700 pieces at $15 equates
to about the same price ratio as the 1000 piece 4107 (which is on sale this week
for $20).  Fractionally more but...you get a red plastic tub(useful when all
your buckets are blue), and you get a tub every $15/700 pieces instead of every
$20/1000.  We all agreed this was an interesting novelty and Derek bought one
for fun.

What's very unusual, which he found after opening one, is that it includes 300
EXTRA pieces which include items like slopes, unusual colours (Liberty green,
dark red, lime green, pink) and unusual pieces/distributions (a 1x6 blue arch, a
single trans pink 1x3 brick, like 20-25 2x2 grey bricks)

They are so unusual Derek suspected they might be random and more than 300
pieces.  I bought a second 4400 today to confirm they aren't random:  Mine
contained the exact same pieces, and from a different Walmart.  It's the most
unusual set of pieces ever.  That and you get a red tub.

Calum