 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 918
Re: what not to do with LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 13:58:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
oh, me bad....

http://24.141.26.239/lego.htm

look at bottom of page...

where bad space sets go when they're no longer used...

  I noticed the boiled bricks much, much, much sooner.  Ack.
  Very bad.  Sort of like the "fry-pan LEGO" thing from not
  too long ago.  A 6985 in a fish tank is small fry (sorry,
  three-way pun fully intended) in comparison.

  BTW, I noticed you have the old two-stud treads down there,
  with some musing as to their origin and how they functioned.
  I had some of those too, but enough of them broke little
  hooks and pins here and there that I no longer have enough
  for a whole tread.  However, I do still have the "ancillary
  gear" that goes with it, so I can tell you a bit about those,
  at least:

  I got mine in tandem with a 901 Universal Motor (I still have
  the parts, but they're all beat-up).  With that set, I was
  given set 387, the Excavator and Dumper:

  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/387

  That's where those treads came from.  They went around red
  hubs with odd knobby spokes to hold them in place; I still
  have a handful of those spoked wheels though they're kind
  of chewed up as well (I used them as ship's wheels before
  I managed to get Pirate sets after my Dark Ages).

  all best

  Lindsay

Thanks for the info Lindsay.
A few years ago I started keeping my broken bricks in a separate container.
I'm noticing that container is getting a little full.  There is a slew of
bricks that got damaged when my friend and I made a movie (mostly fire
damage--melted ABS is not so good but the explosion on film was great!), but
lately I'm seeing more and more Technic pcs get thrown into the broken brick
bin.

What?  Throw them out?  You're kidding, right?

Dave
- who only loses LEGO bricks thru vacuuming and moving