 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8979
RE: question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:11:59 GMT

More than likely it broke as you were taking it out of the box.  They seal the
Mindstorms box so that the air doesn't affect the RCX.  When you broke that seal
and the air got to the brick, it might have ruined the chip.

Jeremy, I think he said he left the box unopened until recently. This means
that the air did not get into the box until recently. Clearly, a different
failure mechanism is at work here.

It's more likely that the electrons in the firmware leaked out becuase he
stored the box on its side.

You didn't store the box on it's side, did you Vineet?

My offer of $50 for the RCX still stands...

Ralph