 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8975
  Re: question

Does this mean that the brick was broken before I openned the box? (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: question

(...) More than likely it broke as you were taking it out of the box. They seal the Mindstorms box so that the air doesn't affect the RCX. When you broke that seal and the air got to the brick, it might have ruined the chip. Jeremy. (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: question

(...) Jeremy, I think he said he left the box unopened until recently. This means that the air did not get into the box until recently. Clearly, a different failure mechanism is at work here. It's more likely that the electrons in the firmware (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: question

(...) I doubt air would cause this type of problem. More likely, something toxic in the air. Chris was telling me about someone who had a problem like this. His home AC was leaking some kind of freeon or something, which contaminated some kinds of (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: question

Don’t know about you guys, but, I keep my RCX’s in a modified Tupperware container that I’ve attached to an air pump. This lets me drop the air pressure to 0.05 atmospheres. The end effect is that my RCX’s are always in good shape and I think the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)