 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 886
Re: Gantry EOAT Complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 15:59:43 GMT

Rebel Transcanner wrote:

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/train1/

(eoat_.jpg series)

Nice work, man!

A question - I take it that this setup assumes not only the L-feet
on the container bottom, but that there's an extra plate thickness
gap between the container bottom and the car?

As you can see, the EOAT grabs the containers from below with four "toggle"
clamps which rotate under the container. So I'm assuming everyone's going to
be nice and use that technique on the bottom (with the four L-shaped pieces)
like LEGO shows in their manuals. :) As long as there are a few flat
surfaces on the top, this thing should be able to pick up all sorts of wild
containers!

Excellent.

Jeff E