 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 877
Re: Lego at Sears Outlet Brampton
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 22:57:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

Kevin Stone wrote:

I thought I would share some good deals I found today at the Sears Outlet
in Brampton (Queen & 410). Two previous times I've checked this location
there was no sign of Lego to be found - today was a different story.
All Lego has an additional 25% off until Sunday. • <snip>
Set #6600 Highway Construction $77.00 less 25% about 5 avail.

Just for the record, I bought one of these a little while back, and it's
a pretty disappointing set: extreme juniorization.  The road bits and
some of the construction hardware is neat, but the vehicle chassis,
crane deck, etc, are big one-piece things that lack reusability.

You may want it for some of the special parts, but don't expect to be
getting many small bits...

Jeff

I think you are right...6600 has been generally viewed by most as
"disappointing"...very juniorized as you say...except the "crane"
has 3 different attatchments which isn't too bad...

me...I just love the raised hiway...and hopefully
in several years (10)...they'll be a greater demand for the set....
I've got two sets and that's all I want...1 for my town (for a causeway)
and 1 for storage (MISB).

I think I could of had 3 or 4 on E-bay for the same price as I paid
for both of mine....

Benjamin Medinets