 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 875
Re: Lego at Sears Outlet Brampton
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 17:03:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

Kevin Stone wrote:

I thought I would share some good deals I found today at the Sears Outlet
in Brampton (Queen & 410). Two previous times I've checked this location
there was no sign of Lego to be found - today was a different story.
All Lego has an additional 25% off until Sunday. • <snip>
Set #6600 Highway Construction $77.00 less 25% about 5 avail.

Just for the record, I bought one of these a little while back, and it's
a pretty disappointing set: extreme juniorization.  The road bits and
some of the construction hardware is neat, but the vehicle chassis,
crane deck, etc, are big one-piece things that lack reusability.

You may want it for some of the special parts, but don't expect to be
getting many small bits...

Jeff

Although I hate juniorization, I ended up picking up set 6600 for my three
year old son. He loves cranes, and I figure with this set being extremely
juniorized it is appropriate for his age with supervised play. Besides I'm
getting tired of buying Duplo for him. It's just not as fun to play with!

Kevin